Here are some great recipes from Taste of Home specifically with a quick turn around!
Tuna Salad Wraps
1 large cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
1 can (12 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped green onions
6 flour tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the tuna, mayonnaise, celery and green onions.
- Spread 1/4 cup tuna mixture over each tortilla; top with 1/3 cup cucumber mixture. Fold in sides of tortillas and roll up. Yield: 6 servings.
Maple-Glazed Grilled Salmon
3/4 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 salmon fillet (2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon skin side up over medium-hot heat for 2-4 minutes.
- Transfer to a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 17 in. x 21 in.). Spoon some of the reserved marinade over salmon. Fold foil around fillet and seal tightly. Grill 5-6 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open slowly to allow steam to escape.
- Brush with remaining marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
For appetizers and deserts click here or…
Join Q105 at Mahaffey Theatre on Saturday, September 11th for the Taste of Home Cooking School. You’ll learn 10 new recipes and helpful cooking tips and techniques for your fall entertaining. VisitTasteofHome.com to learn more about the event and how to purchase tickets. Let’s get cooking at the Taste of Home Cooking School!